Our Pulmonary Enhancement Program is designed to provide specialized care for those with chronic and acute respiratory conditions.
Individualized treatment plans are created for each patient by our team of experts, resulting in the best outcomes and improvements.
A pulmonary condition may not be the primary reason a patient is in need of our care, however, our team can still address the respiratory condition. The respiratory program will be developed based upon the diagnosis of the patient and assessment of our respiratory therapist. A customized pulmonary program will be tailored to meet the needs and expectations of the individual.
Our specialized care team includes certified nurse practitioners, physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, psychologists, registered nurses, and social workers.
Our focus on individualized treatment gives us an advantage in providing education and support to our patients and their families.
Patient-family communication and education can include:
- Palliative care education for patients who are experiencing chronic illness, as well as, enhancing
residents’ ability to understand and cope with exacerbations.
- Competencies for patients and families include the teach back method to ensure understanding
of conditions, medications and techniques taught, thus making transitions to home more
The primary goals of pulmonary rehabilitation are to:
- Improve quality of life
- Minimize symptoms
- Decrease disability
- Increase participation in social and physical activities
- Reduce hospitalizations and reducing overall healthcare costs
Among the many techniques, patients will learn:
- How to strengthen respiratory muscles so patients don’t overly fatigue when breathing
- Pursed-lip breathing
- How to maintain bronchopulmonary hygiene
- Coughing techniques to effectively clear airways
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- How to perform aerobic endurance exercises to reduce breathlessness
Specialized Pulmonary Care Services
- One-on-one sessions in patient’s therapy suite
- Muscle reconditioning for better oxygen absorption
- Relaxation techniques
- Coughing techniques to improve productivity
- Education of chronic disease
- Education of medications
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Incentive spirometry
- Exercises for inspiratory muscles
- Peak flow
- Exercises for expiratory muscles
- Weights, bicycle, walking, bands
- Trach weaning
- Non-invasive vents
- 02 titration
- Smoking cessation
Specializing in Respiratory Conditions such as:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Edema
- Pleural Effusions
- Lung Cancer
- Pre-lung transplants
- Post-lung transplants
- Sleep Apnea